Friday, March 10, 2006

BBQ's and sofas

I am now truly, despite all futile juvenile attempts to refute it, in my Carlsberg years.

In the last three months, I have bought a house, TWO, count them TWO, couches, and now, if you believe it, a BBQ. Oh, and more kitchen furniture. ...and a caulking gun. a saw. weather stripping. a vacuum cleaner. storage shelves. ...and a shovel (Carolyn actually bought that one - unfortunately she selected an Elfin model - oohh, my back).

For our second sofa, we ended up with the Sears, everyday value, Pisces pullout sofa bed in blue. I'm actually a little surprised at myself. I figured we'd buy something overpriced and boutique, but the quality appears quite good (time will tell) and I feel like we paid a fair price. I'm certainly no expert on department store shopping, but I have to tell you, the service at Sears Canada was way hell and gone better than that at the Bay. Hence we spent ALL of our money at Sears.

The BBQ we picked up is the high quality, but still affordable, BroilKing Crown 20 NG (natural gas) barbeque [taht wrod neevr lokos rghit to me - did I msilspel it?]. I can't believe the price ranges that are considered 'mid-range' in BBQ's. You can spend more on your BBQ than I spent on my motorcycle. It just doesn't seem right.

No comments: