Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hey Sis-

Just heard about my sister's new blog. Man, she just keeps getting cooler! It's mainly about her experiences as one of only three women in her sheet metal union. Pretty interesting read.

Speaking of Big Sis, she and her daughter (aka my niece) came to visit last November to see us (of course) and also check out the Pow Wow at the Toronto Aboriginal festival.


Not only was the pow wow a very interesting cultural event, but even better was having the opportunity to really get re-acquainted with my sister. Although we have kept in touch over the years, we really haven't been close since we were teenagers and both left home on our individual life adventures. We seem to finally be getting to know each other again and I hope it continues.

Also, my niece and GB's niece had a chance to meet again. They hadn't seen each other since our wedding three years ago when they were both junior bride's maids and were fast friends.

So here's to old friends, grass dances, Greek food and powerful women! See you in June, sis!

1 comment:

Monapolis said...

I had a crazy fun time when we went. TO is not all that confusing to grasp. Am looking forward to our visit in June!! Will be bringing my rainbow colours! lol. Oh and how do you link blog's on here, I can't seem to figure it out....