Thursday, March 29, 2007

Running? Me?

So, GB and I have made a resolution of sorts. We are going to start running in the mornings. (except mornings after karate nights because we can't go to bed early - as JenZ points out, it's good incentive to go to Karate!) Crazy? Yes - but I'm advertizing this so all you can kick my butt if I quit.

This morning we got up before the crack of dawn, which wasn't too hard since we were jetlagged anyway (GB was up at 4:30 and I was up at 6:00). Got dressed, and after a quick glass of orange juice we were out the door with our pampered chef all purpose timer set to 15 minutes (one way of course). Started with a brisk walk to the ravine, then a light (very light!) jog over the bridge, down the stairs and to the next bridge. That took 15 minutes, so we turned around, 3 minutes of walking back to the stairs, running up the stairs, over the bridge, up the hill (which GB said we would walk up, but them made me jog up!) and back down the street. Followed by 3 more minutes walking to cool down.

It actually wasn't so bad! We'll see how hard it is next time though. Apparently the goal is to do 25 of the 30 minutes at a running speed. But really, it's the 6:15 wakup call that I'm most worried about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

6:15 wakeup calls to run when it's cold/snowing/raining/smoggy out...those are the real test.

You'll get to 25/30 pretty quickly, depending on how hilly your terrain is.

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! Congrats ... day 1 is the start and I'm proud of you guys!

Monapolis said...

It's funny but thinking back on how out of shape and lazy I was as a child, I'd never have pictured myself finding running as a source of calming time out for myself. Listen to tunes and just go...........
I think you guys will do great! :D