Sunday, July 23, 2006

Omelets, sunshine and cedar

Well, my mom just left after a lovely long weekend with her coming to see my black belt test, then hanging around for a few more days. We did lots of mother-daughter things...chatting about family, gardening, shopping and puzzles. It was a great visit, and it reminds me of how much I miss living in the same city as her.

After a outdoor breakfast of omelets (or rather somewhat scrambled eggs), where I attempted (without success) to be as good a chef as GB, we sat chatting in the beautiful backyard garden for a while, then phoned a cab and said good-bye. I'm now sitting on the front porch, in what has to be one of Toronto's most perfect sunshine days. I can smell the cedar of our Maskoka chairs, feel the light summer breeze and hear the distant shouts of children playing. Ahhhhhhhh.

I'm also blogging to procrastinate on my homework for Toastmasters. I'm supposed to give my first "Icebreaker" speech this week...

No comments: